The Government states that all schools will need to provide an extended day for all pupils, either on site or through linking with a local service provider.
In line with the above, St Francis Catholic Primary School provides before and after school activities to cater for children who need wrap-around care. Our staff provide a range of indoor and outdoor activities when the weather and time of year allow. If you would like to use these services, please fill out the relevant form listed on the right.
Since September 2005 we have successfully run a breakfast club on the school premises. It is open to all St. Francis’ children.
The aim is to provide a safe place for the children to be before school begins and to ensure that they have a choice of food to enable them to start the day well.
The breakfast club is open from 7.30 in the morning until 8.45 am. Breakfast includes cereals, toast, crumpets, fresh orange juice and apple juice.
There is a charge of £4.50 per day for this service.
Children are fully supervised during breakfast club hours and are escorted to the playground at 8.45 am.
After School Club
The After School Club provides quality after school care for pupils at St Francis and aims to:
- Support working parents by providing after school childcare from 3.00pm until 6.00pm
- Provide planned play activities.
- Offer the children a light snack at the end of the school day in a safe and friendly environment.
Club staff aim to provide the following;
- A varied programme of activities
- A safe, caring and stimulating environment
- High quality care at all times
- Experienced and committed staff with relevant training in first aid, food hygiene and child protection
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- Safe equipment
- Sufficient numbers of staff are first aid trained and hold valid food hygiene qualifications.
After School Club costs £12 per session.