Change to School Opening Times
From January 2023 the school day will be changing slightly.
Dear Parents and Carers, Thank you to those of you who responded to the consultation letter on the proposal to slightly alter the timings of the school day. We have taken your comments into account when finalising the changes.
This letter is to formally confirm the changes that we will be implementing from January 2023.
- All children from Reception to Year 6 will have the start time of 8.45am.
- This is when morning registration will take place in order for learning to start promptly.
- The school gate will open at 8.35am – this is to ensure that staff are able to prepare for the school day prior to our daily briefing at 8.30am
- Children from Reception to Year 2 will now finish at 3.10pm.
- Children from Year 3 to Year 6 will now finish at 3.20pm. This is to take account of the traffic and general congestion at the end of the day.
- In the morning, school gates will close at 8.45am.
- In the afternoon, the key stage one gate will open at 3.05pm and the junior gate will open at 3.15pm. The route for entering and exiting will remain the same.
- Lunchtime will now end at 1.15pm
These measures will bring us into line with government expectations. The slightly longer lunch break will enable us to offer lunchtime clubs.